The 2019 Tablas Creek Vineyard Vermentino is Tablas Creek’s eighteenth bottling of this traditional Mediterranean varietal, known principally in Sardinia, Corsica, and Northern Italy. It is also grown in the Rhone Valley (particularly Côtes de Provence) where it is known as Rolle. The Vermentino grape produces wines that are bright, clean, and crisp, with distinctive citrus character, refreshing acidity and surprising richness.
- 95 points; “long and lingering with notes of sea salt and citrus zest”: BevX (May 2020)
- A; “Wow this is good. It has an awesome, mineral driven vibe”: VinePair (May 2020)
- 92 points; “Lithe and refreshing, yet gratifying with its richness”: Washington Wine Blog (May 2020)
- Extraordinary; “one of the best Vermentinos I have ever tasted”: Underground WineLetter (May 2020)
- “lemon blossom, grapefruit and hints of stone fruit, with an underlying briny minerality”: Robb Report (Apr. 2020)
A clean, lifted Vermentino nose of grapefruit peel, citrus leaf, green herbs and sea spray. The first impression in the mouth is of crisp citrus fruit, with Vermentino characteristic vibrant acids building on to the finish, leaving a briny mineral note lingering on the long, zippy finish. Drink now and over the next few years.